Also see Spicing up your Wedding Ceremony
Looking for fun ceremony ideas for your wedding ? Don’t wan’t people to glaze over or even skip your ceremony all together? Just because your great aunt says that’s just the way it’s done doesn’t mean YOUR wedding ceremony has to follow “the rules.” While there are a few legal requirements you need (and your officiant will make sure these are observed), have some fun making your wedding ceremony unique, meaningful and YOURS. So much time and energy is spent on the reception, the wedding ceremony often gets the short end of the planning stick, but it doesn’t have to, so keep reading.
Think personal, think unique, think “out of the aisle.” Here are 10 ways to break with tradition that will give your wedding ceremony some pizazz!
- Serve a signature drink and start the music before the ceremony to get people feeling festive.
- Seat people in a circle instead of rows behind you so you feel surrounded by love!
- Proceed together if you like, followed by your peeps, for a show of the courage of two!
- Stop during the processional and give a kiss or hug to those 2-3 people who have helped make you the person you are today!
- Instead of a pillow, have your ring bearer sport those rings on or in something special to you both – a bonsai/succulent/cactus, memento or cigar box, laser cut book, etc.
- Have your flower girl(s) sprinkle candy, confetti, glitter or anything from childhood that makes you smile!
- Make it personal. If you and your betrothed want to walk the aisle together, do it. If you want to give your partner a gift instead of a ring, do it. Want to thank everyone who made it here to celebrate with you, turn around before the ceremony and thank them in unison! Finally, have your officiant talk about how you met, why this person is “the one” for life and your dreams for the future.
- Add a tradition that is meaningful to you – If you like wine, choose a favorite (that will last) and a box in which to store it. Before wedding day, write a letter to your fiancé—and they should do the same for you. During the ceremony, put the notes and a bottle of wine in a box and take turns hammering it shut. Open it on your 10th anniversary!
- Instead of a standard reading, ask a long married relative or guest to share his/her top 5 tips for keeping the marriage engine running!
- Have your partner carry you down the aisle after the ceremony instead of walking arm in arm (to your mutual favorite song)!
If you’re planning a wedding on the SunCoast of Florida (Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, St. Petersburg, Anna Maria, Longboat Key), call us at 941.356.3492 or book online.