Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life – minimize the anxiety and enjoy!
One reason you may have wedding anxiety is that it is so important. Or maybe being the center of attention and/or speaking in front of a crowd) isn’t your thing. Or it could be the myriad details that have to come together to make the day come off the way you planned it.
So what can you do so you and your fiancé/fiancée can enjoy and be really present for your wedding day (instead of being overwhelmed, stressed or even worse letting the ceremony or whole day whiz by with hardly a recollection)?
Here are 6 tips from wedding officiants at Say I Do on the SunCoast and planners who’ve celebrated with thousands of couples over the years:
- Big is not necessarily better. Think about what and who is really important to you both. Eliminate the should dos and remember that the most important thing is that you are saying your “ I dos “ with the right person at your side.
- Hire experienced professionals who will anticipate what needs to be done, who can pivot if necessary, and who can put you both at ease. It is worth hiring a planner or a day-of-coordinator so you can free your mind from the details and enjoy the day.
- Do what you can ahead of time and let it be once wedding day arrives. Think of the wedding day as a movie you’re watching and enjoying (but not directing)! Let it unfold once it’s here.
- Schedule a little alone time the morning of the wedding to reflect, meditate, journal, go for a swim, get a massage, or take a bath.
- Right before the ceremony, take a minute or two to think about how much you love the person you are going to soon call your husband or wife. Etch into your mind the moment your eyes meet, hold their hands to bring yourself into the moment and really listen to the vows they make to you.
- Plan at least a few days away together after the wedding to bask in the afterglow (if all was great) and to look forward with anticipation to time to relax and unwind.
The wedding ceremony is the kick off for the rest of marriage, so make sure to find the right officiant who can help make it personal, joyful and memorable. At Say “I Do” on the SunCoast, we specialize in custom ceremonies in Sarasota, Bradenton, Ellenton, Parrish, Venice, St. Petersburg, Longboat Key, Lido Key, Coquina Beach and Anna Maria Island. We’ve been celebrating with couples since 2004 and take great pride in being a part of your wedding day (and helping with that wedding anxiety)! For questions or comments, contact us at 941.356.3492.